Liquiflo’s POLY-GUARD Pump: Metallic Pump Performance – Sealless, Plastic Pump Cababilities
Posted on by Sara Springer
Sealless, Non-Metallic Wetted Parts with Metallic Gear Pump Performance
The Liquiflo POLYGUARD has NO metallic wetted parts, a mag-drive coupling with a PFA lined Containment Can and a stainless steel housing lined with PFA. Poly-Guard combines the chemical resistance of a fluoropolymer with the strength of stainless steel. Max temperatures to 200° F & differential pressures up to 100 psi.
Typical Applications: inorganic acids, difficult to handle bases or salts, Hydrochloric Acid, Ferric Chloride, Sulfuric Acid, Hydrofluoric Acid, Sodium Hypochlorite, Nitric Acid, Sodium Hydroxide and Chromic.
POLY-GUARD Features & Benefits:
- Internal/external protection against corrosive fluids & harsh environments
- Strong stainless steel body:
- Handles pipe stresses & other harsh industrial conditions
- Fluoropolymer lined for protection against corrosive liquids
- Exempt from wicking problems associated with fiber-reinforced housings
- Retains the pressure integrity expected of all metal pumps
- Internal components: PEEK, Kynar (PVDF), Teflon, Silicon Carbide and TTZ
- Pulseless flow for metering & transfer applications
- Temperatures to 200° f
- Differential pressures up to 100 psi
- Available removable port fittings including flanges & sanitary ports
- Self-sintered SiC shafts with exceptional chemical resistance & wear resistance
- Alloy-C or carbon fiber Containment Cans lined with PFA:
- “Alloy-C Can” limits eddy current development & subsequent heat generation
- “Carbon Fiber Can” eliminates eddy currents altogether!