Warren Rupp Redesigns Sandpiper HDB 1 1/2.
Warren Rupp redesigned the Sandpiper HDB 1 1/2 AODD pump to incorporate all bolted construction, instead of the previously used V-band clamps.
The HDB 1 1/2 is a heavy-duty ball valve pump that fits 1″ to 1.5″ pipe. Warren Rupp has redesigned it so that it now is made with all bolted construction. The HDB 1 1/2 completes the full line of HDB all bolted construction pumps! and became available October 1, 2008.
The HDB stands for Heavy Duty Ball Valve. HDB (SB) Metallic Pumps are ideal for thin to high viscosity and small solids laden fluids. SANDPIPER® Heavy Duty Ball Valve Pumps (SB) provide excellent suction lift capability and exclusive variable porting options (side, top, bottom and dual). HDB pumps are thick wall constructed of Sand Casted Aluminum, Cast Iron, Stainless Steel, or Alloy C with elastomer, TPE (thermal plastic elastomers) and PTFE options in diaphragms and check valves. HDB pumps are enhanced with an extended wear package.
The advantages of all bolted construction vs v-band clamping are:
- Instant alignment = ease of maintenance
- Uniform torquing of seal = tightness against leaks
- Maintains seal after repeated servicing = lower repair costs
- Withstands four times the pressure versus V-band clamps
- Eliminates leakage at high pressure and deadheaded conditions