The Benefits of a Twin Screw Pump: QTS Series by Q Pumps
Do you need a positive displacement pump for your project but aren’t satisfied with how it handles your materials? It’s time to consider a Twin Screw Pump by Q Pumps to improve your manufacturing process and find a solution for your material handling challenges.
What makes a twin screw pump different from other positive displacement pumps? It traps the fluid in a cavity generated by the helical geometry of the twin screw-type rotors. This cavity with fluid is displaced and expelled, generating the pumping action. The rotors are synchronized not to have contact with each other, creating gentle pumping of fluids. These positive displacement pumps are ideal for food, beverage, pharmaceutical, and personal hygiene industries.
Want to know more? Here are additional characteristics of Q Pumps® Twin Screw (QTS) pumps:
- Self Priming. Can expel trapped air both in the suction pipe and inside its body and discharge the liquid to be pumped again, without the need to be primed before washing.
- Made of 100% stainless steel, wet parts in SS 316L.
- Speed up to 3,000 rpm (depending on product viscosity).
- Very tight tolerances for vacuum capacity.
- 3 types of seals: mechanical, o-ring, & lip.
There are also many advantages of installing a twin screw pump into your system, including the following:
- Pulsation free.
- Handling soft suspended solids u to 38mm/1.5″ without damaging them.
- 100% CIP at high and low speeds.
- Constant flow, and gentle fluid handling.
- Self-draining and self-priming.
- Excellent handling of abrasive products, the rotating movement facilitates the rapid release of trapped solids, thus reducing abrasive wear.
- No contact between the rotor and casing working at high pressures.
- Less chance of cavitation.
- No dead zones.
- Bidirectional: reversible, makes possible the recovery of product from the line.
The QTS Pump line by Q Pumps® also meets sanitary standards and has been certified by several global associations. Please get in touch with the manufacturer for full details. Contact SPRINGER PUMPS® today to learn more about Q Pumps’ Twin Screw Pump Line (QTS) or to request a quote.
Think Pumps. Think Springer